Guidance for filling in the Sample Submission Form
Once your rapid application has been accepted we will send you the sample submission form.
- Please complete the form in clear legible writing, or type. Please use blue or black pen if handwriting as everything else is difficult to photocopy.
- Please ensure the reference on the form and the sample match clearly.
- Please ensure you include the preparative scheme and all solvents used in the synthesis and recrystallisation, as well as the expected structure.
- Please make sure you fill in the COSHH safety sections of the form in as much detail as possible.
- Samples will be run at your lowest priority rating, unless stated otherwise on the submission form.
- Please indicate if you require a different type of experiment than our standard experiment on the sheet. If possible please email the team prior to sending in your sample so we can clarify what you need in advance, meaning your sample will be dealt with quicker.
- Any additional information should be provided on an A4 sheet, either use the back of the form or attach a separate sheet.
- If you give any additional information, for example unit cells, please state clearly what this information is and how it relates to the data you want collected.
- Special storage instructions: please indicate if you need your sample to be stored in the fridge (4°C) or freezer (-15°C), or other requirements. Please try to let the team know prior to your sample arriving if you have any unusual requests, outside of refrigeration.
- For particularly sensitive samples, please provide specific handling information/details. If the sample is so sensitive that the container can only be opened once please indicate this. (more info)
- If your samples contain radioactive elements please consult the special arrangements that MUST be made prior to sending them to us. (more info)
- Unless we contact you ALL samples submitted will be returned.
- Please inform us of change of address, although this no longer appears on the form we need this information for our database.
- Email addresses: You can provide additional ones, but confirmation of receipt etc will only go to the principal investigator.
Find out more about how we handle samples.
Please send samples, appropriately packaged, to
UK National Crystallography Service
School of Chemistry
University of Southampton